Thursday, November 4, 2010

First food post

So, a bit ago someone recommended to me that I should start posting about all of the places that my fiance and I go to eat. Now we don't go super often, maybe about once a month, but we do go to a lot of very nice locally owned places here in Olympia. I figured, why not? I am always looking for ways to flesh out my blog. So without further adieu here is my first food post:

Today my prince and I went out on a bit of a whim. We have both been in a bit of a funk lately and decided that going for a bit of an outing would pick us both up. So we hopped on a bus and went downtown. When we got there we decided to go to a restaurant that we hadn't in quite some time. A little Thai place called The Bamboo. We were both starving so we ordered appetizers. When looking over the menu I discovered that Brandon had never had Humbao or Saytay, not ok! So we quickly remedied this situation by ordering pork Humbao and beef Saytay with peanut sauce. As you can see we dug into it right away (before I remembered to get my camera out)

He had also never had Thai iced tea (poor deprived soul) So this too was fixed:
I have tried lots of Thai iced tea from lots of different places but the stuff at The Bamboo remains my favorite. For the main course Brandon got a Sea Food combo platter. It had prawns, scallops, muscles and a few other things that I can't remember at the moment, served with vegetables in a curry sauce.
I ordered Honey Walnut Prawns. Shrimp are pretty much the only sea food that I will touch and they can be a welcome change from all the chicken I eat. (For those of who don't know my stomach doesn't tolerate red meat terribly well so I wind up eating a ton of chicken) They were battered, served over leafy greens and topped with a cream sauce and seasoned walnuts. Delicious! I think I may have a new favorite here.

It also came with a bunch of sticky rice in this cute pot. You can't really see it but it has a beautiful blue floral pattern all over.


Well that ends my food post. We did get desert but it was truffles from another local shop and we scarfed them up before I thought to pull out my camera. All well, next time maybe. Anyways, I hope to be doing these at least once a month. I hope that made you all very hungry and maybe inspired you to go see what restaurant treasures are hidden in your backyard!

2 comments:

  1. omgggg I fucking adore thai food. Like crazy. Also, thai ice tea is the bomb. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? For me it is a contest between Thai Iced tea and bubble tea *_* such a close call!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails