Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting to know me...getting to know all about me...

Brownie (or cupcake which ever your prefer) points to who ever catches the reference. Anywho, I was reading back entries of some of the blogs I follow when I came across this meme on Part Time Lolita and figured that since my blog is getting on it's way and I have a handful of followers now this would be a good way for y'all to get to know me. (As I type that said song is playing in my head...darn my obsession with musical theater...)

I will also be splitting this into four, even, manageable parts that I will post on four consecutive days. Have fun reading!

1. Screen-name and date of birth, please tell us these~Usually Goodnightbeautiful, Darlingdear of on LJ ameliesavah. August 19


2. Height, weight, clothing size, and shoe size?
5'2 (if I think tall thoughts) 135ish lb, that wildly varies because of my measurements (40" 27" 38"), and 6 in US women's.


3. Why did you start to dress lolita?
I have always kind of had a penchant for frills and victoriana. My favorite movie growing up was The Last Unicorn, but I also pined over The Labyrinth, Moulin Rouge and the like. I can't remember where I found Lolita but I'm so glad I did.


4. Which style of lolita do you like?
Mostly classic, but there have also been flavors of sweet and Gothic thrown in. I rationalize it by saying that I'm too creative to stay pinned down to one style.


5. Express in your own words, the ideal of your above answer.
My ideal of any style of Lolita simply involves who ever is in it looking clean, polished, and fitted.

6. Do you have piercings? Where?
I have four in my ears, one in each lobe and one in the cartilage up top on each side. I am also waiting for the fall to get my belly button re-done and get one more in each lobe.


7. Which brands do you like?
Innocent world, Julitte et Justine, Alice and the Pirates, and Anna House.


8. Which are your favourite clothes (that you have)?
I have a beautiful handmade skirt set that has a black underskirt with a bustle in the back and a red velvet overskirt with a ruff. It is so beautiful. I also have a black bodyline skirt that has red and white butterflies going across it. I love it so much.


9. How many lolita friends do you have?
In real life? Almost one, she is being slowly converted (insert evil laugh here)


10. What do you love most about lolita?
I am just enamoured with the beauty of it all. When I put it on I feel beautiful which is something that I firmly believe everyone should have the chance to feel, whenever they need it. I know some people just see it as clothes but I really feel the magic.



11. What do you hate about it? Any pet peeves?
The lack of options for big boobied girls! It is so frustrating to look at the waist size of something and think "Yay perfect!" then look at the MAX bust and say "oh f@&#"


12. What lolita magazines do you read?
Um...er...none?


13. Headdresses, bonnets or ribbons/hairbows?
Yes please! In my mind it all depends on the style of the hair they are being placed on. A headdress or hat may look lovely with smaller hair while a huge bow or massive corsage will compliment massive hair.

14. Do you wear bloomers?
I usually just wear a pair of silk dance shorts underneath, nice, comfy, and soft!


15. Do you tie headdresses at the front or in the back?
The back, under my chin drives me up the wall!


16. Who is your favourite band/type of music?
I usually tend towards rock, Symphonic Metal, anything with a smooth/natural sound, Classic Metal, Showtunes, Celtic/Gaelic, Opera, Classical, and what ever you call Cat Stevens. I know, all over the place right?


17. What is your phone ring tone~?
My main is some Celtic song that I can't remember the name of. My prince is "Every time We Touch" by Cascada, and my best friend is "Cartoon Heroes" by Aqua.


18. Do you go to concerts in lolita?
Only places like the Symphony. Otherwise I am WAY to rambuncious and would kill my nice (read expensive) clothes.


19. For people who attend concerts: do you headbang there?
Oh yeah, my Daddie was the drummer for a mildly known American metal band. So I am a pro!


20. What colours do you like?
Mostly shades of red, white/cream, and black.

21. What are your hobbies?
Writing, swimming, computer junk, SCA, reading, making stuff, baking (does eating count?), archery, DnD, World of Darkness, music, Belly dance, occasionally other types of dance, and that is about it...I think


22. If you have any favourite perfumes, please tell us.
Come to me by Amy Brown
Sweet pea from Bath and Bodyworks
Raspberry Fantasy from Body Fantasy


23. Is there anything you are careful of in lolita?
Anything and everything messy or destructive. See I am a dancer and have been so since I was a child. My theory goes that I spent so much time learning to be graceful while I dance that I never quite figured out the whole "walking" thing. (Translation: I'm a massive klutz)


24. Do you have any favourite haunts to go to in lolita?
Just some of the beautiful parks that they have here in the Pacific Northwest.


25. How many times a week do you dress lolita?
Em... this really all depends on my mood and what I am doing that week. I may wear Lolita for a week straight then not touch it for a month. It all depends.


Well that is all for today! Tune in tomorrow for part II, getting to know even MORE about me.

Please post any questions or comments you might have in the comments section. I would love to hear what you have to say about my adventures in Meme Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails