Thursday, September 9, 2010

Etsy Treasuries

Ok, I'll admit it, I absolutely love Etsy! All of the wonderful vintage and lovely handmade things. I also feel pretty good abut buying from there because I know that I'm supporting another person in what they love to do. So I ,with inspiration  from Miscy over on EGL, have decided that I am going to begin making some Etsy treasuries. However I have decided to go in a slightly different direction from Miscy. Seeing as she has already done such a lovely job covering themes I  am going to be mostly working on outfit parts (i.e. Blouses, Skirts, Bloomers) Conversely I may be doing some themed treasuries when the inspiration strikes me, mainly around the holidays. (Note: expect a few Halloween ones soon)

Here are some of the things I will be focusing on in said treasuries. First and foremost I will be looking at affordability. Lolita is an expensive hobby so I want to use these treasuries to help provide my readers with access to some quality pieces that won't break the bank! Second I will be attempting to give exposure to newer shops or those who haven't had many sales yet. The handcraft market can be a hard one to break into and I would love to give a helping hand. Finally I will be focusing on variety! It truly is the spice of life, or sometimes the only thing that keeps you from loosing your mind on long days...cough...anyways I really will be striving to include pieces for all tastes.

So, with out further adieu here is my first treasury: 
Blouses & Cutsews

As you can see this first one is on blouses & cutsews. I know how difficult it can be to find reasonably priced tops, and forget it if you have a larger bust. Here I have tried to find a range of blouses and a cutsew or two in many different sizes. I also made sure to include several different colors.

Full disclosure: I do have an Etsy shop but I will not be including any of my items in any of these treasuries.

Also please let me know if there is a treasury you would like to see, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails